Kegalu Vidyalaya Old Boys' Association

OBA Logo

History of the Kegalu Vidyalaya Old Boys' Association

According to reports, an initial meeting was held at the Kegalle Inn in March 1946. Brother C. Ranatunga acted as the secretary, and Mrs. Anula Udalagama, who was the acting principal at the time, presided over the meeting. Another significant meeting took place in 1959, with Mr. Summer Tunga, a teacher at the school, serving as the secretary. The main objective of this meeting was to construct buildings for the newly established science department. It appears that the students’ union supported Mr. Perera’s efforts. The increase in the number of students entering university science departments from Kegalu College since the early 1960s is proof that his efforts were successful…

Read more